Over the past 10 years one woman’s compassionate efforts blossomed into an international children’s charity. Rosalie Giffoniello’s experience as a volunteer in India was life-changing, taking her in the direction of co-founding Empower The Children.
Empower The Children (ETC) provides destitute, slum-dwelling and disabled children with an opportunity for a brighter future. Rosalie is dedicated to helping children become educated, healthy and live a more balanced life.
Empower The Children creates and supports educational programs in India, Mexico, Kenya and the USA. ETC is a US non-profit 501(c) 3 with 90% of donations spent directly on the children. Only 10% is used for administrative costs. ETC is committed to helping children meet their fullest potential, despite their dire living conditions.
As a non-profit, ETC’s main focus is to create life-altering programs in Kolkata, India and surrounding areas.
The programs include:
- Schools and tutorial centers
- Vocational training
- Individual school sponsorships (Kindergarten through University)
- Nutritious lunches (6 days per week)
- Special education programs for disabled children and adults
- Other programs that empower children
Please consider supporting Rosalie as she dedicates her life to helping impoverished, slum-dwelling and disabled children improve their lives. There are a number of ways you can help:
- Make a donation (US tax-deductible)
- Volunteer in Kolkata
- Organize fundraising events – wherever you are
- Tell others about Empower The Children’s important work
ETC is a children’s non-profit that relies totally on the public’s donations. Your support is greatly appreciated by the staff, the volunteers and, most of all, the children of ETC.